Terms of Service
- This website is operated by Unbuilt, LLC. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Unbuilt, LLC. Unbuilt offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
- For purposes of this TOS, "you" shall mean either you as an individual or the entity or person on whose behalf you are accepting this TOS. By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”, or TOS), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content. These terms of service are a binding contract between you and Unbuilt, LLC and its affiliates. You represent that you are authorized to accept this TOS.
- Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
- Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
- You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
- The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
Accuracy, Completeness, and Timeliness of Information
- We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
- This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site, including the commission or payment structure for any listing that has not expired.
Modifications to the Services and Prices
- Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Products or Services (if applicable)
- Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the images of products that appear in the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
- We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
Accuracy of Account Information
- In order to use the Services, you may be required to sign up for an account, select a password and user name and provide additional information about you to create your account ("Account Data").
- You may not transfer your account to anyone else without prior written permission from Unbuilt. You promise to provide us with complete, correct and current Account Data and to keep this Data current at all times. You may edit your Account Data any time by logging in to your account at: https://unbuilt.co/account/login
- You are responsible for the safekeeping of your account and password and are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password, including sales and purchases. You agree that Unbuilt will not be liable for any damage or loss occurring from your failure to keep your password secure.
Buying on Unbuilt
If you purchase any Goods using the Service:
- You agree that you are responsible for all payments and taxes associated with your use of the Services. You agree that we can automatically charge your credit card during the purchase process. You agree to pay the amount listed and all disclosed amounts, such as taxes, expenses, costs and duties. All amounts are in US Dollars only.
- For certain items and transactions, we may offer a Return Policy described in detail at https://unbuilt.co/pages/returns. Except for the Return Policy, all charges and fees are nonrefundable.
- We may engage in dialogue about 'estimated value' on a listing but we are not evaluation experts and rely on data from publicly available information and information that sellers provide. Therefore, Unbuilt highly recommends that you do your own research to determine the value of an item.
- While providing accurate listing information and authentic products is a priority, since we sell products second hand, it is not possible for us to guarantee with 100% confidence that mistakes or errors, unintentional, or intentionally created by our suppliers are not present in some cases on the site. If you suspect that a description or authenticity error has taken place, please see our 'return policy' to understand your options.
- Where specially noted, some products listed for sale on Unbuilt may be owned and sold directly by third party sellers. For these items, sellers are solely responsible for the prices, descriptions, accuracy of description and delivery of these goods.
- We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
Selling with Unbuilt
- A separate agreement covering specific terms and conditions for selling items with Unbuilt will be provided at the time items are submitted.
- We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
- You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
- Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
- We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
- Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
- Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
- We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
- Our Services include information, data, text, photographs, graphics, images, video, messages, tags, or other materials ("Content") from many people and entities, including you, and such Content is the sole responsibility of the person or entity that provided it. This means that you are entirely responsible for all Content that you email, transmit, upload or otherwise make available while using the Services (including through any third party service integrations you enable through the Services), and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which Unbuilt may suffer). Unbuilt does not claim ownership of such Content.
- When you upload or post any Content to our Services, you grant to Unbuilt and its affiliates a license and right to such Content (and any intellectual property or other proprietary rights you have in such Content) to distribute, syndicate, reproduce, modify, adapt, store, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, make derivative works of, and otherwise use, in the broadest sense permitted under applicable law, such Content on or off the Services: (a) for the purpose of providing the Services to you and other Users, such as promoting your listings on the Services; and (b) with respect to Content that is related to the Goods, such as information, photographs, and videos of your Goods, for the purpose of marketing and promoting the Services. For marketing and promotion purposes, for example, Unbuilt will occasionally display your Content or listings on social sites, like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. You agree that the licenses you grant us with respect to such Content are royalty-free, perpetual, sublicenseable, irrevocable, and worldwide.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control or have a license to all necessary rights to the Content that you post or submit to Unbuilt for use on the Services and that you have sufficient rights to grant this license to such Content to Unbuilt. In addition, you agree that Unbuilt and its respective affiliates, successors and assigns is not under any obligation of confidentiality with respect to any such Content and that by posting Content, other Users may re-post your Content on third party websites.
- We can’t guarantee the identity of any users of the Services and are not responsible for which users gain access to the Services.
- Your interactions with individuals and/or organizations found on or through the Services, including delivery of goods or services, payments and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such individuals and/or organizations. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties. You agree that Unbuilt shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
- If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you agree that Unbuilt is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you release Unbuilt, its officers, employees, agents, and successors from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or the Services. If you are a California resident, you shall and hereby do waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor."
User Comments, Feedback and Other Submissions
- If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, 'comments'), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
- We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
Errors, Inaccuracies and Omissions
- Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
- We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
- In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts;
- to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances;
- to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- to submit false or misleading information;
- to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet;
- to collect or track the personal information of others;
- to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape;
- for any obscene or immoral purpose; or
- to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet.
- We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
- All right, title and interest to the Services (which includes any Unbuilt content or materials made available via the Service, the Services' look and feel, the designs, service marks, trademarks and trade names displayed on the Service) are the property of Unbuilt, its affiliates, licensors or users, and are protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks or other proprietary rights and laws.
- You may not use, copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, sell, assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer any right, of any part of the Services without the prior written consent of the respective owner.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in a separate agreement between us, with respect to any software or applications that we make available to you (collectively, the "Software"), Unbuilt grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use such Software provided, for the sole purpose of enabling you to use the Services in the manner permitted by this TOS. You may not (and you may not permit anyone else to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the Software or any part thereof. You may not assign or grant a sublicense of your rights to use the Software, grant a security interest in or over your rights to use the Software, or otherwise transfer any part of your rights to use the Software.
- You agree to only use the Services for personal purposes, and not for any unintended use of the Services. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, frame, or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Services.
Disclaimer of Warranties, of Limitation of Liability
- We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
- We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
- You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
- You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
- In no case shall Unbuilt, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
All disputes under this TOS that cannot be resolved by the parties shall be submitted to arbitration under the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. ("JAMS") then in effect. Either party may invoke this paragraph after providing 30 days' written notice to the other party. All costs of arbitration shall be divided equally between the parties. Any award may be enforced by a court of law. Notwithstanding the foregoing obligation to arbitrate disputes, each party shall have the right to pursue injunctive or other equitable relief at any time, from any court of competent jurisdiction. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis: class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND COMPANY ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Unbuilt and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of the Goods you buy, sell, or offer to sell using the Services, your Content, your use of the Services, your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation, or your violation of any rights of another.
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
- These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
- If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
- The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United States.
Changes to Terms of Service
- You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.